Deadline: June 30, 2017
Entry Fee: $20
Prize: $1,000 & publication
Short Fiction Award:
- 2,500 word max
- Judge: Bryan Hurt
Flash Fiction Award:
- 500 word max
- Judge: Siel Ju
Creative Nonfiction Award:
- 1500 word max
- Judge Chelsey Clammer
- 50 line max
- Judge: t’ai freedom ford
- Prizes include a $1000 honorarium and publication via LAR Online and in the best-of annual print edition of The Los Angeles Review, issue no. 22, set to be released in spring 2018.
- Submissions for each contest are accepted via Submittable only. Entry fee is $20 USD.
- Contests close for entries on June 30, 2017.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please notify us immediately via Submittable if the work is accepted elsewhere.
- Only previously unpublished writing will be considered. Entries are not considered for general inclusion in The Los Angeles Review.
- In the cover letter field of each submission, include author’s name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number. Do NOT include this information in the submitted file.
- The winners will be announced in fall 2017.
- Please direct questions to email@example.com