ELIGIBILITY: Grades 9 – 12
SUBMIT: Poetry, fiction, memoir, personal essay
AWARD: Publication in the The Apprentice Writer
- Electronic submission via www.apprenticewriter.com
- Submit as a Word document. Each Word document should include only 1 submission.
- Each document should include your first and last name, and email address at the beginning of the document. It should also include your name in the header/footer section of each page for multiple page works.
- Poetry should be single-spaced, prose double-spaced, both in 12pt Times New Roman. (We may not be able to accommodate special formatting for poetry work.)
- Documents should be titled as follows:
- Last Name, First Initial (Genre) Submission Title
- ex.: Doe, J (Fiction) A Yeti’s Tale
- Do NOT include symbols such as #, $, <, *, /, : and @ in document title.