DEADLINE: August 1, 2020.
WHAT TO ENTER: Any type of creative nonfiction essay up to 5,000 words.
HOW TO ENTER: Via Submittable.
FEE: $20; includes a copy of the Spring 2021 issue.
PRIZE: $500 and publication in the Spring 2021 issue.
JUDGE: Sarah M. Broom, 2019 National Book Award Winner for her memoir The Yellow House.
Read more details here.
2018 Prairie Schooner Book Prize Contest
Deadline: March 15
Prize: $3000 and publication through University of Nebraska Press
Entry Fee: $25
Eligibility: Living writers, published or unpublished, including non-US citizens, writing in English, excluding past or present paid employees of Prairie Schooner or the University of Nebraska Press or current faculty or students at the University of Nebraska.
Questions: Email PSBookPrize@unl.edu
Journal Submission Guidelines: submission guidelines
Book Contest Guidelines: prairieschooner.unl.edu/book-prize
- Fiction manuscripts (entirely short stories or one novella plus short stories) of at least 150 pages. No novels, single novellas or novella collections.
- Poetry manuscript of at least 50 pages.
- No previously published manuscripts, including self-publication.
- Writers may enter both contests.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but notify immediately if accepted elsewhere.
Continue reading “Prairie Schooner Book Prize”