Deadline: January 31, 2019
Entry: via Submittable; $24 fee includes year’s subscription to the Kenyon Review
Eligibility: Open to all writers who have not yet published a book of fiction.
Prize: The Kenyon Review will publish the winning short story in the Jan/Feb 2020 issue, and the author will be awarded a scholarship to attend the 2019 Writers Workshop in Gambier, Ohio.
- Stories must be no more than 1,200 words in length.
- One submission per entrant.
- Please do not simultaneously submit your contest entry to another magazine or contest.
- Please do not submit work that has been previously published.
- All entries will be read blind. Before you submit, please remove your name and any other identifying information from your manuscript.
The final judge will be Mia Alvar.