Deadline: July 31, 2019
- All 100 winners will be invited to a prestigious Awards Ceremony in London.
- The top 15 winners will have their poems printed in the winners’ print anthology, over 20,000 copies of which are distributed to school libraries and poetry enthusiasts. The anthology is also available online.
- The 85 commended poets will have their work published in an online anthology and their names in the print anthology.
- The top 15 Winners will be invited to attend a life-changing residential writing course at one of the prestigious Arvon Centres, or receive mentoring from a professional poet (age dependent).
- All 100 winners receive a year’s Youth Membership of The Poetry Society.
- All 100 winners will receive a goody bag full of books and other treats donated by our generous supporters.
Entry: Register here to enter. Entry is free.
Eligibility: Any young poet, writing in English, aged 11-17 as of the deadline.
- You must be aged 11-17 on the closing date of the 31st July 2018 (inclusive) in order to enter.
- Individuals may enter more than one poem, however we strongly advise that you concentrate on drafting and redrafting your poems and send only a selection of your very best. Remember, quality is more important than quantity.
- The competition is free to enter and poems can be of any length and on any theme.
- Your work is accepted on the basis that this will be its first publication anywhere in the world. This includes:
- anthologies, magazines, solo collections, school prints;
- online, including blogs and online magazines;
- social media such as Twitter, Facebook or Instagram;
- any regional, national or online TV station or via any radio platform.
- Poems cannot have won any other competition.
- Poems must be the original work of the author (we do run checks for plagiarism on all selected poems).
- Poems must be in English.
- You cannot enter a poem written by more than one author.
- Entries will be accepted from anywhere in the world.
- If you are 11-12 your parent or guardian will need to give permission for you to enter. Permission can be given online or by sending in the parent or guardian permission form.