Deadline: March 1, 2019
Entry: via Submittable; $3 fee
- 5,000-7,000 words
- One piece at a time
- <1,000 words
- Up to three pieces in a single document
- <7,000 words
- No academic articles
- Up to five poems in a single document
- No more than 10 pages total
- Write the title or abbreviated title of each poem, separated by commas, in the “Submissions Title” field
- Submit in .jpg, .tiff, or .pdf format
- Published in grayscale
- Completed, self-sufficient works only
- Max 10 pages
- Work that has already been published in its original language is highly preferred
Deadline: September 1, 2018
Prize: $1000 and publication for fiction, poetry, and nonfiction; $500 and publication for flash
Entry: Submittable only; $20 fee for fiction, poetry, and nonfiction (one-year subscription included); $8 fee for flash
- Students, faculty, staff, and administrators currently affiliated with the University of Alabama are ineligible for consideration or publication.
- Intimate friends, relatives, colleagues, and former or current students of the judges are ineligible to submit in that category.
- Previous winners should wait three years after their winning entry is published before entering again.
Guidelines: Continue reading “Black Warrior Review 2018 Contest”