Deadline: September 1, 2019
Entry: via Submittable; $8-20 fee
Prizes: $1500 & publication
- Fiction and Nonfiction: Submit up to 7,000 words.
- Poetry: Submit a packet of up to 3 poems.
- Flash: Submit a packet of up to 3 flash pieces. This can be in any genre, as long as the author considers it “flash.” Experimental, hybrid, and lyrical submissions are encouraged in this category. Image + text work is also welcomed.
- Do not include your contact information in your document. Your Submittable information will be used to contact you, so please make sure your contact information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Multiple submissions are welcome, as are simultaneous submissions. Please withdraw your submission immediately if it is accepted elsewhere.
- Only previously unpublished work will be considered for publication.
- Winners in Nonfiction, Fiction, and Poetry genre receive $1500 and publication in the Winter/Spring 2019 issue. Two runners-up in each genre receive monetary compensation and acknowledgment in that issue. Any submission may be considered for general publication.
- The winner in Flash receives $800 and publication in the Winter/Spring 2019 issue. Two runner-ups receive monetary compensation and online publication. Any submission may be considered for general publication.