Deadline: June 30, 2018
Prize: $1000 and publication online and in the best-of annual print edition of The Los Angeles Review, issue no. 24, spring 2019
Entry: via Submittable; $20 USD
Submission Guidelines: losangelesreview.org/awards/
Douglas Manuel will judge in poetry, Doug Lawson will judge in fiction, Ron Koertge will judge in flash fiction, and Sarah Cannon will judge in nonfiction.
Continue reading “The Los Angeles Review Literary Awards”
LA Review Bi-annual Awards: Summer 2017
Deadline: June 30, 2017
Entry Fee: $20
Prize: $1,000 & publication
Short Fiction Award:
- 2,500 word max
- Judge: Bryan Hurt
Flash Fiction Award:
- 500 word max
- Judge: Siel Ju
Creative Nonfiction Award:
- 1500 word max
- Judge Chelsey Clammer
- 50 line max
- Judge: t’ai freedom ford
- Prizes include a $1000 honorarium and publication via LAR Online and in the best-of annual print edition of The Los Angeles Review, issue no. 22, set to be released in spring 2018.
- Submissions for each contest are accepted via Submittable only. Entry fee is $20 USD.
- Contests close for entries on June 30, 2017.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please notify us immediately via Submittable if the work is accepted elsewhere.
- Only previously unpublished writing will be considered. Entries are not considered for general inclusion in The Los Angeles Review.
- In the cover letter field of each submission, include author’s name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number. Do NOT include this information in the submitted file.
- The winners will be announced in fall 2017.
- Please direct questions to email@example.com