Deadline: June 3, 2019
Entry: online; $15 fee (includes one-year subscription)
Prize: $1,000 and publication (1st), $500 and publication (2nd)
Judge: Wayétu Moore
- All entries will be considered for publication. All entries will be considered anonymously.
- Send no more than one story per entry. Each story must not exceed 30 double-spaced pages in 12 point font. Multiple entries are acceptable, provided that a separate reading fee is included with each entry.
- Please submit a two page cover sheet document with each entry, page one with the title of the story ONLY, and page 2 with the title of the story and your name, address, phone number, and email. Your name should NOT appear anywhere on the story itself.
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but the contest fee is non-refundable if the submission is withdrawn. Please notify the editors as soon as possible if a submitted story is accepted elsewhere.
- Previously published works and works accepted for publication elsewhere cannot be considered. Salamander’s definition of publishing includes electronic publication.
- No handwritten, faxed, emailed, or poorly copied/printed manuscripts will be considered.
- Salamander will not consider work from anyone currently or recently (within the past 4 years) affiliated with Suffolk University or the prize judge.