HS Writing Contest
Deadline: December 15, 2017
Eligibility: Grades 9-12
Entry Fee: None
Award: $100 and possible publication in Venture Magazine
How to Enter: Guidelines
Judge: Dr. Roberta Clipper
Previous Winners: 37th Annual Contest Winners
- ESSAY: Personal essay, labeled ESSAY, any topic. Max 5 double-spaced pages.
- FICTION: Short story, labeled FICTION. Max 5 double-spaced pages.
- POETRY: One poem. Max 50 lines.
- Type on the entry:
Your Name and address
School Name and address
- Include a letter from a teacher stating that the work is original and by you.
- Entries must be typed. Stories and essays must be double-spaced. Please give your story, essay and or poem a title.
- Only one entry per category will be considered. Choose your best writing and send only one.
- Mail your entry postmarked no later than December 15, 2017 to:
Dr. Roberta Clipper
2083 Lawrenceville Road
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
Entries cannot be returned. Winners will be announced by May 2018. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope if you wish to receive a list of winners. GOOD LUCK!