Deadline: June 30, 2018
Prize: $1500 and book publication by Barrow Street Press
Entry Fee: $25 hard copy, $28 online
Eligibility: 50-80 page previously unpublished manuscript of original poetry, written in English
The contest will be judged by Ada Limón.
Submit a 50-80 page unpublished manuscript of original poetry in English. Please number the pages of your manuscript and include a table of contents and an acknowledgments page for any previously published poems.
Continue reading “Barrow Street Press Book Contest”
Deadline: June 30, 2017
Prize: $15K & publication by Barrow Street Press
Judge: Patricia Spears Jones
Submit: 50 – 80 pages of poetry
Contest Inquiries: Laura Marie Marciano at email@example.com
2017 SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
- Click here for detailed guidelines.
- Use Online Submission Manager to submit.
- Submit 50-80 page unpublished original poetry in English.
- Simultaneous submissions okay, but must inform if manuscript is selected elsewhere.
- Include a table of contents.
- Include acknowledgments page for any previously published poems.
- Include two (2) title pages.
- The author’s name, address, and telephone number should appear on the first title page only and should NOT appear anywhere else in the manuscript.
- The second title page should contain only the manuscript title.
2016 Barrow Street Book Prize Winner:
Sarah Ann Winn of Manassas, VA was chosen by contest judge, Elaine Equi as the 2016 winner. Winn’s collection Alma Almanac will be published in 2017.
Barrow Street Press, Book Prize, P.O. Box 1558, Kingston, RI 02881
Entry Fee: None
The Drue Heinz Literature Prize offers a prize of $15,000 and publication by University of Pittsburgh Press is given annually for a collection of short fiction. Writers who have published at least one previous book of fiction or a minimum of three short stories or novellas in nationally distributed magazines or literary journals are eligible. Submit a manuscript of 150 to 300 pages between May 1 and June 30. There is no entry fee. Visit the website for complete guidelines.
University of Pittsburgh Press, Drue Heinz Literature Prize, 7500 Thomas Boulevard, 4th Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15260.
Continue reading “Drue Heinz Literature Prize”